- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pc egg
- 1 can evaporated milk 12 fl oz (354mL)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 4 pcs cheese sliced into strips
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, egg, milk, water, and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly using a whisk until batter becomes smooth.
- Strain batter.
- Grease each mold with melted butter then fill the molds with batter.
- Fill the bottom of the steamer with water. Place the molds in the steamer basket and steam for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the lid. Add a sliced cheese on top of each Puto. Steam for another minute or until cheese melts. Turn off heat and let it cool off.
- Remove the cooked Puto Cheese from each mold and transfer to a serving plate.