Crispy oven-baked potato skins are a popular snack or side dish made with potatoes, oil, salt and spices. The potatoes are usually halved lengthwise. The interior flesh removed and the skin is filled with cheese or other fillings. Then, all that’s left to do is brush the skin with oil and season it lightly. Place it on a baking sheet in an oven preheated to 425F until crisp and golden brown.
To make crispy oven-baked potato skins even more delicious. You can add various toppings such as bacon bits, shredded cheese or sour cream. To prevent them from sticking to the pan after baking, they can be lined up tightly along one edge of a flat cookie sheet so they don’t touch each other during cooking process.
Serving size varies depending upon what type of meal they will be served with – either by themselves as an appetizer or part of a larger entree. A single serving might contain 2-3 pieces while larger servings may have 6-8 pieces per person. Potato skins also pair well with many main dishes like steak or chicken dishes.
The best thing about these crispy oven-baked potato skins is that they are easily adjustable to fit different taste preferences. Whatever your preference there’s sure to be something here that anyone can enjoy! So, next time your looking for something new to try. Why not whip up some tasty Crispy Oven Baked Potato Skins?
Ingredients for Crispy Oven-Baked Potato Skins
Potatoes – Choose russet potatoes for this recipe to achieve perfectly crispy results. Their sturdy texture stands up to oven baking. Alternatively, sweet potato skins are another fantastic choice.
Cheese – Upgrade your recipe with a delicious cheese blend. Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese, or stick to convenience with pre-shredded options.
Bacon – Enhance your potato skins dish with the irresistible smoky and savory essence of bacon.
Oven Baked Potato Skins
- 4 large russet potatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp salted butter melted
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese 1 tbsp per piece
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese 1 tbsp per piece
- 340 grams bacon chopped
- 2 stalks green onion chopped
To Bake Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes. Dry them with paper towel then pierce each potato with a fork.
- Brush potatoes evenly with olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes onto baking tray. Bake for 1 hour, or until they are soft and easily pierced with a fork.
- Allow the potatoes to cool down after removing them from the oven until they are easy to handle.
To Prepare Potato Skins
- Prepare the potatoes by halving them lengthwise. Then, gently remove the flesh with a small spoon, ensuring to leave a shell that is approximately ¼-inch thick.
- Brush the inside and outside of the potatoes with the melted butter.
- Fill each potato with a generous amount of cheese and bacon. Place the potatoes back in the oven and cook for an extra 3 minutes or until the cheese melts and becomes deliciously bubbly.