Creamy Clam Chowder
- 1 lb clams fresh, diced
- 1 whole onion chopped, medium-sized
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 whole carrots chopped, medium-sized
- 2 whole potatoes chopped, medium-sized
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup butter salted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart half-in-half cream/milk
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp parsley chopped, fresh
- 2 strips bacon chopped
In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Sautée onion, carrots, potatoes, and celery. Add water then stir. Cover pot, bring to a boil.
In another saucepan, melt the butter. Add all-purpose flour, stir until smooth. Add half & half cream, cook and whisk until thickened.
Transfer cooked flour mixture into the large pot. Reduce heat. Season with salt, pepper, and parsley. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
Top with bacon and more parsley if desired. Ready to serve!
Calories: 632kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 20gFat: 44gSaturated Fat: 27gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 1129mgPotassium: 817mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 2900IUVitamin C: 12.4mgCalcium: 150mgIron: 11.7mg