Looking for an easy appetizer recipe that will WOW your guests? Look no further than these delicious mozzarella sticks! This is the best mozzarella sticks recipe you’ll ever taste – they are crispy on the outside and melty on the inside. Plus, they are really easy to make – anyone can do it! So follow these simple steps and get ready to amaze your friends and family with this amazing appetizer.
First, start by gathering the ingredients: 1 pound of mozzarella string cheese, 2 eggs lightly beaten, ½ cup of all-purpose flour and 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs.
Next, prepare the Mozzarella Sticks by cutting the string cheese into 3-inch long sticks. Make sure they are all equal in size.
Dredge the cheese sticks in the flour, then dip into the egg mixture, and finally into breadcrumbs. Make sure each stick is completely coated with breadcrumbs. Set aside and let them rest for at least 30 minutes so that they will be crispy on the outside when frying.
When it’s time to cook, heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot (around 350°F), carefully place the cheese sticks into the oil and fry for about 2 minutes until they are golden brown. Make sure to turn them occasionally so that they will cook evenly on both sides.
Finally, transfer the mozzarella sticks to a plate lined with paper towels and let them cool for 5 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy! With this easy-to-follow recipe, you’ll be able to make the best mozzarella sticks ever – your friends are sure to love them! Try them out today and see for yourself. Bon Appétit!
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese cut into strips
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into strips.
- Beat the eggs and water together.
- Dredge the stick with flour, then dip in egg and then roll it into bread crumbs.
- Dredge the stick in egg and bread crumbs again.
- Freeze for 6 to 12 hours before frying.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook 4 sticks at a time for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove sticks from heat and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce for dipping if desired.