Eggplant Tofu Stir Fry
Eggplants are first cooked until softened and then combined with tofu, onions, garlic, red bell pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce, and ginger to create a flavorful stir fry. The combination of eggplant and tofu makes this dish both nutritious and filling.
Eggplants are a great source of dietary fiber, antioxidants and minerals while tofu is a complete protein. This delicious dish can be served with rice or noodles for an easy vegan meal that’s sure to please any crowd.
The key to this recipe is getting the eggplants cooked to the right texture. Eggplants tend to be a bit slimy when undercooked, so make sure they are cooked until tender but still firm. Otherwise they won’t hold up in the stir fry. You can also adjust the flavor of this dish to your liking by adding in different sauces or spices.
This dish is a great way to get creative with your vegan recipes. It’s packed with nutrition and flavor, plus it takes no time at all to make – perfect for busy weeknights! Eggplant Tofu Stir Fry also makes a delicious lunch or dinner that everyone can enjoy. So why not give it a try and see what you think? You won’t regret it!
Try this recipe today and enjoy a delicious vegan dish. With nutritious ingredients like eggplants and tofu, this dish is healthy and tasty at the same time. Quick and easy to make, Eggplant Tofu Stir Fry is a great way to get creative with vegan cooking and make something delicious for the whole family. Enjoy!
Vegan Eggplant Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 small mushrooms
- 397 grams tofu extra firm
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small ginger
- 1 mini red bell pepper
- spring onion
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
For boiling Eggplant and Mushrooms:
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- Start by boiling 4 cups of water with salt in a large pot over medium heat. Add sliced eggplant and mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from boiling water and set aside.
- Next, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add a small amount of oil then fry sliced tofu until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Once done, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Cook garlic, ginger, and bell pepper in pan over medium heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Add boiled eggplant and mushrooms, cook about 3 minutes then add the fried tofu.
- Finally, make the sauce. Combine water, cornstarch, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small mixing bowl. Mix well then pour into the pan. Add spring onion, stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer eggplant tofu to a plate.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best tofu to use in this recipe?
When it comes to the best tofu for stir frying, I would recommend using a firmer tofu rather than a softer one. This will hold up better in the pan and won’t fall apart as easily.
How do I know when the eggplant is cooked?
The easiest way to tell if an eggplant is cooked is to pierce it with a knife. If the knife goes in easily, then the eggplant is cooked. If the knife doesn’t go in easily, then the eggplant needs more time to cook.
How do I make the stir fry sauce?
The stir fry sauce is very simple to make. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp cornstarch, 1 tbsp soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Stir until the cornstarch has dissolved.